Students who would like to take classes at a different institution using federal benefits needs to provide a Transient Letter from the University of Alabama verifying the courses you would like to take at another institution can be transferred to the University of Alabama. The form can be accessed on your myBama, student tab, under the Official Documents section.

For Additional Assistance Contact the Registrar’s Office:
(205) 348-2020

  • Our office needs a copy of this completed Transient Student Letter
  • The second form needed is the VA Course Approval Form from the Office of Veteran and Military Affairs
  • Contact the school you are taking classes outside The University of Alabama and verify what paperwork is needed for you to be certified by their school