The University of Alabama offers degree programs that may lead to professional licensure. Licensure requirements vary from one profession to another and from state to state. If you are interested in obtaining professional licensure, please refer to the links below to confirm with the appropriate licensing body in the state where you intend to practice.

Out-of-state applicants need to determine whether the University is authorized or accepting applications from the state where you are currently residing, or if for any special restrictions exist for your academic program of interest.

Please see Bama By Distance for additional links to National and Professional Certification Information.

Law Students

Students can find information about the Alabama bar and other exams on the Alabama State Bar website.   For Law Students wanting to practice outside the state of Alabama, you will need to go to the National Conference of Bar Examiners website to find information on your particular state.