Residency at The University of Alabama is determined by the Office of the Registrar. The University of Alabama does include specific residency polices as they relate to veterans, service members, dependents, and survivors including the implementation of The Choice Act, Section 702. Specific information on veteran, service member, dependents, and survivors residency can be found in the Residency for Tuition Purposes Policy, under the page’s “More Information” section.

In order to apply for a change of residency under the Choice Act, the Office of the Registrar will need the following documentation:

Residency Reclassification outside of the Choice Act will require additional documentation based on University polices.

The Office of Veteran and Military Affairs does not determine residency.

For questions please contact the Office of the Registrar.