To Apply for Benefits

Transfer Students

  • To transfer federal benefits to The University of Alabama- VONAPP
    • Fill out 22-1995

To Take a Class At Another University

Students who would like to take classes at a different institution using federal benefits needs to provide a Transient Letter from the University of Alabama verifying the courses you would like to take at another institution can be transferred to the University of Alabama. Please visit the Registrar website for instructions on how to get a transient letter.

For Additional Assistance Contact the Registrar’s Office:
(205) 348-2020

  • Our office needs a copy of this completed Transient Student Letter
  • The second form needed is the VA Course Approval Form from the Office of Veteran and Military Affairs
  • Contact the school you are taking classes outside The University of Alabama and verify what paperwork is needed for you to be certified by their school

Tutoring Reimbursement

Students who receive federal benefits may be eligible $100 a month for up to 12 months towards tutoring costs. For reimbursement please turn in a Tutoring Form to the Office of Veteran and Military Affairs.

Licensing and Certification

Students under federal benefits may qualify for licensing and certifications to be paid by the Veterans Administration. To request this reimbursement please fill out the a 22-1803 and turn it into the Office of Veteran and Military Affairs.

Change Direct Deposit

Please call 1-877-838-2778

Request Your DD-214