The State of Alabama, Department of Veterans’ Affairs provides an academic scholarship program that applies to the dependents of Alabama’s disabled veteran. This is a state run benefit and can be used in conjunction with federal benefits. For more information please visit the Alabama Department of Veterans Affairs.

Once student receives a certificate in the mail indicating they are using the Alabama Dependent Scholarship, a copy of the certificate is sent to The University of Alabama. After the student registers for classes each semester a credit will appear on the student’s account, no additional paperwork is needed. The Alabama Dependent Scholarship will cover tuition, fees, and books only.

Students under the Alabama Dependent Scholarship go directly to The University Supply Store located in the Ferguson Center in order to acquire textbooks needed each semester.

For any questions or problems with the Alabama Dependent Scholarship please contact Student Account Services.

The Office of Veteran and Military Affairs does not certify payment or textbooks for the Alabama Dependent Scholarship.