- This event has passed.
Advising Worksheets Due
April 15, 2016
Summer and Fall Advising Worksheets Due for current students. (Not Alabama GI Bill)
- All Veteran and Military Affairs holds will be released by the first day of registration.
- Please complete a form for each individual term. For example, SUM I, SUM II and FULL SUM are each separate terms.
- Please submit an Advising Worksheet after you have registered for your classes to ensure accuracy for your GI Bill® certification. The Office of Veteran and Military Affairs can only certify classes in which students are currently registered.
- A Veteran and Military Affairs hold will be placed on student’s account to prevent from adding and dropping classes, to ensure correct payment by the Veterans Administration to The University of Alabama.
- Include all possible courses on each advising form. If you decided to add or drop a course we would only need you to notify the office of the change. This action will also lift your hold for 24 hours. An additional advising form will not be required if the new course is listed on the original form.
- If you add a class not listed on your Advising Worksheet you must fill out an Add/Drop Form in order to lift your Veteran and Military Affairs hold.
- Request to release VMA schedule holds must be received in our office before 430pm CST on the drop add deadlines. Request received after that time will be processed the next business day which could have negative results on your benefits for the term.
- Forms turned in by the deadline will have priority. Forms turned in after the deadline will be processed only after all priority students have been processed.
- After the add/drop period classes dropped after these dates will receive a “W” and are subject to debts from the VA.