Please check back regularly for updated information.
The Veteran and Military Affairs (VMA) Office, in response to COVID-19, will be limiting the number of students allowed in the office at any given time. Regrettably, we will be closing our student lounge and computer lab until the university returns to standard operations. We will also be taking the following actions to achieve social distancing while still meeting the needs of our students:
- We will continue to provide a link for uploading student documents via myBama.
- Students can call (205)348-0983 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a meeting with VMA staff
- VMA will have a document drop installed next to the VMA door on the third floor of Houser Hall
Thank you for your patience during COVID-19 operations, and please don’t hesitate to reach out to the VMA by phone or email.
- Who: All eligible Veterans
- Bring a copy of DD-214 and VA Form 10-10EZ (Application For Health Benefits) in person to the VA Enrollment Office, Building 135, or email forms to Wallace.email@example.com.
- What: VA Health Enrollment and COVID-19 Testing for eligible Veteran-students
- Once the eligible Veteran is enrolled, an appointment will be scheduled in the COVID drive-through clinic.
- Where: Tuscaloosa VA Medical Center Optometry Clinic drop off area, Building 1, Mon-Fri 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- When: To begin Monday, August 10, 2020, until a date TBD.
- Why: To assist eligible Veterans obtain their earned health benefit and to acquire mandated COVID-19 testing prior to start of semester classes.